After the conclusion of the 2022 NFL Draft, a number of Alabama football players chose new teams to play for. The overall number of players in the NFL is now 74 after seven former members of the Alabama Crimson Tide were selected in the draft, including two players selected in the first round.
- Christopher Allen, Slade Bolden, Josh Jobe, Chris Owens, and LaBryan Ray are the five Alabama players that were signed as undrafted free agents after the Tide’s draft.
- In addition to the players who were selected in the draft, five Tide players were picked up by other teams.
- There are also a number of former members of the Crimson Tide who are currently playing for different teams as free agents.
These players include Landon Collins, Julio Jones, Dont’a Hightower, AJ McCarron, and Reggie Ragland, among others. At this point in time, the New England Patriots have the most former Alabama players on their roster with six. The Commanders, Eagles, Raiders, and Steelers all have five former Crimson Tide players on their rosters each.
How many Alabama players go to the NFL?
USA TODAY Sports’ Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Alabama Football continues to lead the pack when it comes to producing NFL players, despite the fact that the Georgia Bulldogs have 15 picks in the 2022 NFL Draft. Even if all 15 Georgia players who were picked end up making it onto NFL squads in the fall of 2019, the odds are that the Alabama Crimson Tide will once again be the top program for producing NFL players.
Eighty former Alabama Crimson Tide football players were currently playing in the National Football League (NFL) when the 2021 NFL preseason began. By the first game of the 2021 season, the number of Tide players on active rosters had increased to 53. This figure was the highest of any institution, with LSU being the next closest SEC school and Georgia being a significant distance behind.
The number of former Alabama football players currently affiliated with NFL teams will increase to 74 after the 2022 NFL Draft. When the existing free agents sign new contracts, the total will either reach the 80 figure from the previous year or go very close to it.
- At the very least, it is anticipated that Julio Jones, Landon Collins, AJ McCarron, and Reggie Ragland would sign with new clubs or receive new contracts.
- There is a possibility that James Carpenter will play in the NFL for an 11th season.
- If Dont’a Hightower does not make the decision to hang up his cleats, the New England Patriots will have him for at least one more season.
Perhaps Ohio State, LSU, Georgia, or Notre Dame will someday be able to catch up to the Crimson Tide in terms of the number of NFL players they produce. There is no chance of that happening in the 2022 season.
How many first round picks does Alabama have?
In the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft, which took place on Thursday night, two players from the Alabama Crimson Tide were picked.