What Airport Do You Fly Into For Gulf Shores Alabama?
- Jorge Frazier
Airports Near Gulf Shores – There are a number of wonderful alternatives for airports close to Gulf Shores; however, the cost of your flight may vary based on the location from which you are departing and the airline that you select. The following are some options that can be taken into consideration.
- Jack Edwards National Airport (JKA), which is located only 4.1 kilometers (2.5 miles) from Gulf Shores, is the airport that is most convenient for travelers.
- Because of its size, JKA has fewer airline alternatives than other airports, and the majority of its flights are private.
- Nevertheless, preparations are now being made to build a terminal at a cost of $10 million in order to accommodate commercial air service by the year 2023.
Limousine and taxi services, as well as ride sharing, are among the many transportation options provided by JKA. These options include Hertz and Enterprise (Uber and Lyft). Gulf Shores is approximately a one-hour drive from Pensacola International Airport (PNS), which may be reached by taking FL-292 West and AL-182 West.
There are flights to Pensacola offered by the majority of the major airlines (and Frontier provides non-stop flights to and from Orlando three days a week), and the Pensacola International Airport (PNS) is home to ten car rental agencies, some of the most well-known of which are Hertz, U-Save, National, and Budget.
There is also an option to take the Pensacola Airport Shuttle to or from Gulf Shores for an all-inclusive price of $80. If you use I-10 West, it will take you 1 hour and 23 minutes to get to Mobile Regional Airport (MOB) from Gulf Shores. This airport is served by American Airlines, Delta Airlines, and United Airlines, and it also has four different car rental businesses accessible to passengers.
- Another choice is the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY), which may be reached by driving west on I-10 for about a quarter of a century (three hours and six minutes).
- MSY is served by major airlines, and there is an abundance of ground transportation options, including taxis, buses, shuttles, and major car rental agencies (Alamo, Avis, Dollar, Enterprise and Hertz to name a few).
Many vacationers choose to fly into New Orleans because it often offers cheaper prices than Gulf Shores and because they want to spend some time there before continuing on to Gulf Shores.
Where do you fly into for Alabama shores?
There is a beach that is less than a two-hour drive from Mobile Regional Airport, which is located in Mobile, Alabama. They are served by the majority of the major airlines, and they provide numerous nonstop flights each day.
What is the difference between Orange Beach and Gulf Shores?
You may pack up the station wagon or minivan and travel south towards the Gulf Coast; the trip will take around 11 hours and cover 656 miles if you start off from Plano, Texas. It is a bit closer than Destin and Pensacola, which are also fantastic places for Texan travelers to come to for white sandy beaches and clean water, but this location is a little closer than both of them.
Orange Beach is the more family-friendly of the two Gulf Shores and Orange Beach locations, which is convenient given their proximity to one another. At the crossroads of State Highways 182 and 59 is the beach community of Gulf Shores, which is the more seasoned and well-established of the two. From Gulf Coast State Park all the way down to Perdido Key, Florida, Orange Beach stretches on and on.
Orange Beach is a more recent development and has a more relaxed pace, but it is getting busier every year. They report that the tempo is also rather more sedate than usual. (This post may include affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links provided, I may receive a commission.