What Airport For Gulf Shores Alabama?
- Jorge Frazier
Airports Near Gulf Shores – There are a number of wonderful alternatives for airports close to Gulf Shores; however, the cost of your flight may vary based on the location from which you are departing and the airline that you select. The following are some options that can be taken into consideration.
- Jack Edwards National Airport (JKA), which is located only 4.1 kilometers (2.5 miles) from Gulf Shores, is the airport that is most convenient for travelers.
- Because of its size, JKA has fewer airline alternatives than other airports, and the majority of its flights are private.
- Nevertheless, preparations are now being made to build a terminal at a cost of $10 million in order to accommodate commercial air service by the year 2023.
Limousine and taxi services, as well as ride sharing, are among the many transportation options provided by JKA. These options include Hertz and Enterprise (Uber and Lyft). Gulf Shores is approximately a one-hour drive from Pensacola International Airport (PNS), which may be reached by taking FL-292 West and AL-182 West.
There are flights to Pensacola offered by the majority of the major airlines (and Frontier provides non-stop flights to and from Orlando three days a week), and the Pensacola International Airport (PNS) is home to ten car rental agencies, some of the most well-known of which are Hertz, U-Save, National, and Budget.
There is also an option to take the Pensacola Airport Shuttle to or from Gulf Shores for an all-inclusive price of $80. If you use I-10 West, it will take you 1 hour and 23 minutes to get to Mobile Regional Airport (MOB) from Gulf Shores. This airport is served by American Airlines, Delta Airlines, and United Airlines, and it also has four different car rental businesses accessible to passengers.
- Another choice is the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY), which may be reached by driving west on I-10 for about a quarter of a century (three hours and six minutes).
- MSY is served by major airlines, and there is an abundance of ground transportation options, including taxis, buses, shuttles, and major car rental agencies (Alamo, Avis, Dollar, Enterprise and Hertz to name a few).
Many vacationers choose to fly into New Orleans because it often offers cheaper prices than Gulf Shores and because they want to spend some time there before continuing on to Gulf Shores.
What airport do you use to get to Gulf Shores Alabama?
The Gulf Shores International Airport is located about two miles north of Gulf Shores’ beaches, and it mostly caters to private charters and corporate jets for passengers traveling for both business and pleasure.
What is the off season in Gulf Shores?
The months of April and May are perfect for a trip to Gulf Shores: The beautiful Gulf Shores in the Springtime The months of April and May are when activity throughout the whole Gulf coast first begins to gather up speed after a slow start. After the flurry of spring breakers that traveled to Gulf Shores in March has died down, there is a brief period of calm that lasts until the beginning of April. A quieter and more relaxed beach experience may be had at Gulf State Park, which is just a short distance from the bustling Gulf Shores Public Beach. Excellent for homes with children Waterville USA is a 25-acre waterpark that features a variety of attractions, including waterslides, mini golf, arcades, and go karts.
- The Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge is a wildlife refuge that is 7,000 acres in size and has 6 kilometers of trails.
- Golf – Gulf Shores is home to a multitude of local golf courses, some of which were even developed by golf legend Arnold Palmer, such as Cotton Creek and Cypress Bend.
- The months of April and May are home to several well-known events, including the following: The Mullet Man Triathlon is a popular yearly event that takes place in April and is enjoyable for both participants and spectators.
Zydeco & Crawfish Festival is an annual event that celebrates crawfish and features concerts, artwork, and delicious cuisine. During the month of April each year Annual fishing competition known as the Orange Beach Billfish Classic; participants come from all over the world to compete.
Where does Southwest fly to in Alabama?
|United States (Alabama)||Birmingham||Birmingham–Shuttlesworth International Airport|
|United States (Arizona)||Phoenix||Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport|
|Tucson||Tucson International Airport|
|United States (Arkansas)||Little Rock||Little Rock National Airport|