Alabama stops Arkansas’ nine-game winning streak 68-67
Is Alabama in the NCAA baseball tournament?
It was too little, too late for the Alabama baseball team, which needed just a couple more victories to qualify for the NCAA Tournament. The club made a spirited attempt in the SEC Tournament to resurrect postseason dreams, but it was not enough. On the day that the field was revealed, Selection Monday, the Crimson Tide (31-27) was not one of the teams that made the cut.
- Also, it wasn’t one of the first four teams eliminated from the competition.
- Under the direction of Alabama head coach Brad Bohannon, who is currently in his fifth season with the Crimson Tide, Alabama was hoping to qualify for the NCAA regionals for the second year in a row.
- The voyage in 2021 was the first one taken since 2014.
It looked as though Alabama had a slim to none chance of advancing to the next round of the NCAA Tournament as they prepared to face Arkansas in the last series of the regular season. After that, the Crimson Tide went on a brief scoring streak. The Alabama baseball team is reaping the benefits of Hoover’s “magic” once again in this year’s SEC Tournament.
- Connor Prielipp, a pitcher for the Alabama Crimson Tide baseball team, was spotted throwing before the Southeastern Conference Tournament in Hoover.
- It began with the Razorbacks being defeated in a series by a score of 2-1.
- Then, in the SEC Tournament, Alabama once again performed some of its Hoover magic by causing upsets against Georgia (the No.6 seed) and Arkansas (the No.3 seed).
Alabama’s run in Hoover came to an end as they were defeated by the No.7 seed Florida and the No.2 seed Texas A&M. That victory in late May was a dramatic departure from the final few weeks of the regular season for Alabama, which eventually resulted in the team not being selected to compete in the NCAA Tournament.
The Crimson Tide were defeated in all five of their SEC series. Compare this to the situation in the middle of April, when there wasn’t even a question whether or not Alabama would make it into an NCAA regional. Instead, the question was: would it be willing to host one? The month of April began with the Crimson Tide claiming victory against Texas A&M in a series.
After that, Alabama defeated Ole Miss, which was ranked seventh at the time, by a score of 3-0 and then went on to win the first game of the weekend series against Tennessee, who was ranked number one. The Rebels came in as the final participant in the competition.
- Saturday, Bohannon was quoted as saying, “I think we have a pretty excellent team.” “I don’t know, we’ve lost 12 games by exactly one run, and I don’t know whether it means anything, but we’re still in a lot of games.
- Your RPI will be in the 30s if you simply win one or two of those competitions more.” However, the committee in charge of the NCAA Tournament decided that it was not nearly enough and did not place the Crimson Tide in a regional for a second year in a row.
Alabama’s season comes to a halt. Nick Kelly is a journalist with The Tuscaloosa News, which is a part of the USA Today Network. He covers Alabama football and men’s basketball. You may get in touch with him by emailing [email protected] or following him on Twitter at @ NickKelly.
Who is favored to win Alabama or Arkansas?
Associated Press photos taken by Butch Dill Alabama, as it does with many of its SEC opponents, controls the recent series with Arkansas. Alabama has won the past 11 games between the two teams straight up, including a decision by a score of 41-9 in the most recent season.
- Despite this, the Razorbacks have covered the spread in three of the previous four matchups, bringing the games to a reasonably high level of drama despite being the underdog.
- Where should the savvy investors put their bets for the conference that will take place in Fayetteville on Saturday afternoon? The point spread in college football is: According to odds from several sportsbooks that are tracked by OddsShark, the Crimson Tide started as a 35.5-point favorite ( line updates and matchup report ).
Crimson Tide are the team to back in college football betting, according to the OddsShark computer ( College football picks on every game ). You can get more odds information, betting predictions, and a review of this week’s top sports betting news by listening to the OddsShark podcast, which is available on iTunes and Spotify, as well as at OddsShark.libsyn.com.
The reasons why the Alabama Crimson Tide should be able to cover the point spread The top-ranked Tide improved their record to 5-0 on the season with a walk-through victory of 56-14 over Louisiana the previous week. Alabama took the opening possession of the game and drove 72 yards for a touchdown, scored a touchdown after a blocked punt, scored a touchdown after returning a kickoff for a touchdown, and then drove 69 yards for another touchdown to take a 28-0 lead after the first quarter of play.
After that, the Tide scored touchdowns on all three second-quarter plays to give themselves a 49-0 lead at halftime, and from then on out, they were in cruise control. Unfortunately for Alabama’s financial supporters, the team failed to cover the spread despite being a 49-point favorite because it conceded a pair of scores to the Cajuns in the fourth quarter, the second of which came with just under four minutes remaining in the game.
The Crimson Tide finished the day with a 608-288 advantage in total gain over Louisiana. As if Alabama’s regular season performance wasn’t impressive enough, the Crimson Tide’s defense and special teams units have now combined for five touchdowns this year. The reasons why the Arkansas Razorbacks should be able to cover the point spread Due to the fact that they are still adjusting to a new coaching staff and system, Arkansas is now a challenging opponent to take seriously.
However, the Razorbacks are coming off of their first cover of the season, which occurred in the previous week when they lost 24-17 to Texas A&M as a 20-point underdog. The previous week, Arkansas fell behind 17.0 early in the second quarter after allowing a touchdown to be scored on the first kickoff of the game.
However, the Hogs were able to cut the deficit to 17-10 in the third quarter and 24-17 with little over three minutes remaining before regaining possession of the ball. A drive that was successful in getting to the Arkansas 45-yard line but ended with an interception was a disappointment. The Razorbacks were only able to muster up 248 yards of offense on the day, but their defense was able to keep them in the game by limiting the Aggies to 377 total yards and only two offensive scores while also forcing a number of turnovers on the Aggies’ side of the ball.
If the Hogs can prevent Alabama from scoring on defense or special teams, there is a chance that they can keep this game within a respectable margin of victory. Smart betting pick Because it is so frequently favored by an excessive margin at home, Alabama has a 0-2 record against the spread over the past two weeks.
On the other hand, the Tide have a perfect record of 1-0 SU and 1-0 ATS away from home so far this year, and they have a record of 8-4 ATS in their previous 12 away games. In the meanwhile, Arkansas is not deserving of a betting advice at this juncture for any reason. The shrewd investment goes with Alabama to win the game.
College football betting trends Three of of Alabama’s previous four games against Arkansas have ended with under total points scored. In its previous 10 games played at home, Arkansas has a record against the spread of 2-7-1. After playing at home for two straight games, Alabama’s record against the spread in their previous five games played on the road is 4-1.
What time do the Arkansas Razorback football game play today?
Arkansas Razorbacks – Schedule
|Sep 3, 2022||vs 23 Cincinnati||3:30 pm|
|Sep 10, 2022||vs South Carolina||12:00 pm|
|Sep 17, 2022||vs Missouri St.||7:00 pm|
|Sep 24, 2022||@ 6 Texas A&M||TBA|
What time is Alabama Arkansas game Saturday?
At 2:30 p.m. Central Time (CT), the No.10 Arkansas Razorbacks will take on the No.2 Alabama Crimson Tide. Since 2006, when Nick Saban was not the head coach of the Alabama Tide, Arkansas (3-0) has not been able to defeat Alabama.