Airports Near Gulf Shores – There are a number of wonderful alternatives for airports close to Gulf Shores; however, the cost of your flight may vary based on the location from which you are departing and the airline that you select. The following are some options that can be taken into consideration.
- Jack Edwards National Airport (JKA), which is located only 4.1 kilometers (2.5 miles) from Gulf Shores, is the airport that is most convenient for travelers.
- Because of its size, JKA has fewer airline alternatives than other airports, and the majority of its flights are private.
- Nevertheless, preparations are now being made to build a terminal at a cost of $10 million in order to accommodate commercial air service by the year 2023.
Limousine and taxi services, as well as ride sharing, are among the many transportation options provided by JKA. These options include Hertz and Enterprise (Uber and Lyft). Pensacola International Airport (PNS) is approximately an hour’s drive away from Gulf Shores (37 miles) via FL-292 W and AL-182 W.
- The majority of major airlines fly to Pensacola (and Frontier offers non-stop flights to and from Orlando three days a week), and you will find ten rental car companies at PNS, including many well-known names such as Hertz, U-Save, National, and Budget.
- Gulf Shores is located approximately 37 miles west of Pensacola There is also an option to take the Pensacola Airport Shuttle to or from Gulf Shores for an all-inclusive price of $80.
The Mobile Regional Airport (MOB) is located 70 miles away from Gulf Shores and can be reached in one hour and 23 minutes via I-10 West. American Airlines, Delta, and United all provide flights into MOB, and the airport offers services from four different car rental agencies.
- Another option is the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY), which is approximately 198 miles away and can be reached by driving west on Interstate 10 for three hours and six minutes.
- Most major airlines fly into MSY, and there is an abundance of ground transportation options, including taxis, buses, shuttles, and major car rental agencies (Alamo, Avis, Dollar, Enterprise and Hertz to name a few).
Many vacationers choose to fly into New Orleans because it often offers cheaper prices than Gulf Shores and because they want to spend some time there before continuing on to Gulf Shores.
Where do you fly into for Southwest Gulf Shores?
By Plane – Our customers often fly into either the Pensacola International Airport or the Mobile Regional Airport, which are the two major airports located in close proximity to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. Gulf Shores is located a little over an hour and a half’s drive away from the larger of the two airports, which is the Pensacola airport.
What airport do you fly into for Alabama?
Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport will serve as the destination for the vast majority of aircraft coming into Alabama from other countries. If you plan on traveling to some of the most well-known cities in the state, such as Dothan, Huntsville, or Florence, it is strongly suggested that you make your reservations for other domestic flights from this location.
Is Gulf Shores getting an international airport?
The Gulf Shores International Airport is located about two miles north of Gulf Shores’ beaches, and it mostly caters to private charters and corporate jets for passengers traveling for both business and pleasure.