Where To Fly Into For Gulf Shores Alabama?
- Jorge Frazier
Airports Located Close to the Gulf Shores
- Gulf Shores is approximately a one-hour drive from Pensacola International Airport (PNS), which may be reached by taking FL-292 West and AL-182 West.
- If you use I-10 West, it will take you 1 hour and 23 minutes to get to Mobile Regional Airport (MOB) from Gulf Shores.
What is the closest major airport to Orange Beach Alabama?
Airports Near Orange Beach – There are a number of fantastic alternatives for airports close to Orange Beach; however, cost might vary significantly based on the location from where you are departing and the airline that you select. The following are some options that can be taken into consideration.
Jack Edwards National Airport (JKA) is the airport that is nearest to Orange Beach. It is only nine miles away from Orange Beach and can be reached in fifteen minutes through Alabama’s Coastal Connection. Because of its size, JKA has fewer airline alternatives than other airports, and the majority of its flights are private.
Nevertheless, preparations are now being made to build a terminal at a cost of $10 million in order to accommodate commercial air service by the year 2023. Limousine and taxi services, as well as ride sharing, are among the many transportation options provided by JKA.
- These options include Hertz and Enterprise (Uber and Lyft).
- Orange Beach is located 30 miles from Pensacola International Airport (PNS), which may be reached in 46 minutes via FL-292 E.
- There are flights to Pensacola offered by the majority of the world’s largest airlines, and the Pensacola International Airport (PNS) is home to ten car rental agencies, some of the most well-known of which are Hertz, U-Save, National, and Budget.
Frontier Airlines also operates nonstop flights to and from Orlando three days a week. The Pensacola Airport Shuttle is another option, and it costs around $75 to go to or from Orange Beach. I-10 West will take you to Mobile Regional Airport (MOB) in 1 hour and 20 minutes from Orange Beach, which is located 70 miles away.
- This airport is served by American Airlines, Delta Airlines, and United Airlines, and it also has four different car rental businesses accessible to passengers.
- Another choice is the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY), which may be reached by driving west on Interstate 10 for a little over 300 kilometers (about 3 hours and 10 minutes).
MSY is served by major airlines, and there is an abundance of ground transportation options, including taxis, buses, shuttles, and major car rental agencies (Alamo, Avis, Dollar, Enterprise and Hertz to name a few). Many tourists decide to fly into New Orleans and spend some time there in order to take advantage of the occasionally cheaper prices that are offered there before continuing on to Alabama’s Gulf Coast.
What is the best month to go to Gulf Shores Alabama?
The months of March through May and September through November are generally considered to be the ideal seasons to visit Gulf Shores. Travelers who want to avoid the crowds and higher prices of the summer may take advantage of these sweet locations outside of that time of year and still enjoy swimming in the Gulf of Mexico, which maintains good temperatures even in the late spring and early fall.
- In addition, these months host a diverse calendar of celebrations, events, and festivals.
- Even though the city is frequented by those who go south for the winter, you should have no trouble finding an affordable hotel room here.
- Now that June, July, and August are three of the wettest months in the region as well as the most popular months to visit if you are thinking about going there during the summer.
If you want to get the greatest deal on your hotel room or vacation rental, you should make your reservations as far in advance as possible if you want to travel during the summer. Protect Your Trip by Conducting Research, Making Comparisons, and Purchasing the Most Appropriate Travel Insurance at the Lowest Possible Cost.
Is Gulf Shores cheaper than Pensacola?
The cost of living in Gulf Shores is 13.2% more than in Pensacola. The cost of housing in Gulf Shores is 79.8 percentage points more than the cost of housing in Pensacola.
What Florida city is closest to Gulf Shores?
Locations close to the Gulf Shores
|28 miles:||Dauphin Island|
|72 miles:||Fort Walton Beach|