Gas Consumption and Emissions – A car with a fuel efficiency of MPG will need 25.64 gallons of gas to cover the route between Birmingham, AL and Dallas, TX, The estimated cost of gas to go from Birmingham to Dallas is $90.76, During the route, an average car will release 502.33 pounds of CO 2 to the atmosphere, The carbon footprint would be 0.79 pounds of CO 2 per mile.
Average USA gas price used for calculation is $3.54 per gallon of regular gas. Price last updated on May 29, 2023. Read more about our CO 2 calculation,
How much is gas from Texas to Alabama?
The total cost of driving from Texas to Alabama (one-way) is $93.41 at current gas prices.
How do you calculate gas for a road trip?
Add up Your Trip Cost – Take the mileage of the total distance of your trip and divide it by your miles per gallon to get the number of gallons of gas you will need on your journey. Then multiply that figure by the current gas price, and the result is the estimated cost of gas for your road trip.
- For example, say you drove 200 miles after filling your car up, set your trip odometer to zero, and had to return to fill up again.
- On your return to the gas station, you topped up your tank with 10 gallons of gas.
- Your mpg would then be 200 divided by 10, which is 20 mpg.
- You are planning on driving 850 miles on your road trip, and the average price of gas was $2.34 at the time you checked.
To calculate the amount of money you need to budget for your road trip, divide 850 by 20 to get the number of gallons of gas you will need, which is 42.5. Multiply 42.5 by $2.34, which gives you $99.45 as the total cost of gas for your road trip.
How much gas will it cost to drive 500 miles?
How Much Gas Will You Use on Your Road Trip? Nothing can ruin a road trip like pain at the pump, but there are ways to plan ahead and save money. Pramote Polyamate/Getty Images The cost of gas on a long road trip these days is going to be, well, a lot; there’s no way around it unfortunately. But you can calculate a rough estimate of what to expect ahead of time with apps that will do the math for you.
- Before you can determine the cost of gas for your road trip, you need to figure out your vehicle’s gas mileage.
- Typically, this number is listed in your owner’s manual or online.
- If you can’t find it, you can calculate it yourself by first filling up the tank and resetting the trip odometer.
- Once you’ve used at least half of the gasoline in the tank, fill the tank again and note how much fuel you put in the car, as well as the mileage on the odometer.
Then divide the number of miles by the gallons of fuel to get your vehicle’s miles per gallon (mpg) rating. For example, if you traveled 250 miles (402 kilometers) on 10 gallons (37.8 liters) of gasoline, your car’s mpg rating is 25 (kmpl 10.6). Once you know your car’s mpg, you can calculate the amount of fuel you’ll need on your road trip.
First, find out how many miles you plan to drive by entering your starting and ending points into an online maps program like or Google Maps. Then divide this mileage figure by your car’s mpg rating to find out how many gallons of fuel you’ll need on your trip. For instance, if you plan to drive 500 miles (804.6 kilometers) in a car that gets 25 mpg (10.6 km/l), you’ll need about 20 gallons (76 liters) of gasoline.
To find out your total fuel cost, visit a site like, It lists prices for gas stations by brand, city and state so you can determine the average gas prices on the route you’ll be driving. Multiply the number of gallons you need times the average gas price to get an idea of what your total fuel cost will be.
- For example, if gas is about $3.50 a gallon in your area and you need 20 gallons to drive your trip distance, you’ll pay $70 for gasoline.
- Several online calculators make this even easier, including, which allows you to select your departure and arrival cities, as well as the make and model of your car.
It then uses the current average price of gasoline in the areas in which you plan to drive to calculate your total fuel cost. has a similar feature, but its calculator can actually schedule your fuel stops based on the lowest gas prices along your route.
How much gas do you use per mile?
You can find the fuel cost per mile by taking the current per-gallon price of gas and dividing it by your vehicle’s miles per gallon. This means you spend 14 cents on fuel for every mile that you travel in your vehicle.
How much is a gallon of gas in Birmingham Alabama?
Birmingham Average Gas Price
|Week Ago Avg.
How much petrol required for 100 km?
To convert Formula to use –
|km per litre to litres per 100 km
|divide 100 by km per litre
|litres per 100km to km per litre
|divide 100 by litres per 100 km
Let’s say, for example, that your trip computer (or the manufacturer’s website) says your specific car uses 8.0 litres of fuel per 100km. The actual formula to get km per litre is 100 divided by 8 = 12.5, meaning that your car will give you 12.5 km on one litre.
How much is a full tank of gas?
On average, smaller autos tend to hold about 12 gallons of gas, while larger cars hold as much as 15 gallons or more.
Is it okay to drive 500 miles?
How far it’s safe to drive also depends on the time of day and how often you’re planning on driving – If you’re setting off fresh-faced in the early morning after a good night’s sleep with eight hours of sunlight stretching before you, you’re probably going to be able to safely drive a lot further than if you set off at 4pm after the hangover from the night before has finally worn off.
- If you’ve got a long drive coming up, then plan ahead and be sensible about it – make sure you get an early night, and ideally set off with enough time to reach your destination before it gets dark.
- That way, you should be able to cover those 500 miles in eight hours with no problem at all.
- Your capacity to drive long distances safely will also largely depend on what you’re doing in the time surrounding your drive.
That’s to say, the 500-miles-in-eight-hours estimate presumes that you’re doing a one-off drive.
- The reality of road trips, however, is that they’re often multi-stop, which means you’ll be doing long drives for days on end.
- By day three or four, you may well start to get tired from all the prolonged periods of concentration and activities at your stop offs, reducing how far you can safely drive.
- This, once again, brings us back to one important fact: everyone’s different and driving under different circumstances, so listen to your own needs and those of your passengers, and always call it a day if you have any doubt that you can safely continue.
: How far is it safe to drive in one day?
Is gas mileage a big deal?
Which cars have the best fuel economy? – When it comes to gas-powered vehicles, EPA data reveals that the cars with the best fuel economy in 2020 are often those with hybrid powertrains. According to the EPA, hybrids like the Toyota Prius Eco, Toyota Corolla Hybrid, Kia Niro FE and Hyundai Ioniq Blue are top picks in their segments for fuel economy.
- Among electric cars, EPA data shows that some of the most-efficient choices include the Tesla Model S Long Range and Model 3 Standard Range Plus, Chevrolet Bolt and Volkswagen e-Golf.
- Some plug-in hybrid vehicles — the BMW I8 Roadster and Karma Revero GT — also made the list.
- Adding to your potential savings, certain electric vehicles are eligible for tax credits of up to $7,500.
Keep in mind that in some cases hybrids and electric cars may cost more to buy than their gas-only equivalents, but they just might end up saving you money down the line when it comes to the total cost of ownership, According to the EPA, these fuel-cost savings can be significant.
How do you calculate fuel cost per km?
Litres per 100km (l/100km) – You will need the number of litres it took to fill your tank since the last time you filled it, and the number of kilometres you traveled in between fills. The calculation is: litres / distance * 100 = l/100km. For example: 57 litres / 635 km * 100 = 8.98l/100km.
How much petrol required for 500 km?
A journey of 500km is covered by a car using 20 litres of petrol.
What is the average cost of gas in the US?
National average gas prices
|Week Ago Avg.
|Month Ago Avg.
How much petrol required for 300 km?
1) Car 1 can travel 400km in 20 litres of petrol.2) Car 2 can travel 200 km in 5 litres of petrol.3) Car 3 can travel 300 km in 10 litres of petrol.
Is gas cheaper in the USA?
Gas is always cheaper in the US than Canada, for a variety of reasons, one of which is taxes. Simply enter the town or city you are looking for prices.
How much is 1 litre of gas in usa?
USA Gasoline prices, 22-May-2023
|USA Gasoline prices
How much is a full tank of gas in Alabama?
Alabama average gas prices
|Week Ago Avg.
|Month Ago Avg.
How much is a gallon in Alabama?
In Alabama, the average for a gallon of gas is $3.10, according to AAA.
How much is transport from Texas to Alabama?
Questions & Answers – What is the cheapest way to get from Texas to Alabama? The cheapest way to get from Texas to Alabama is to train which costs €27 – €270 and takes 17h 45m. More details What is the fastest way to get from Texas to Alabama? The quickest way to get from Texas to Alabama is to fly which costs €120 – €400 and takes 3h 41m.
More details Is there a direct bus between Texas and Alabama? No, there is no direct bus from Texas to Alabama. However, there are services departing from Milam St @ Preston St and arriving at Birmingham via Houston Bus Station and Montgomery Intermodal Center. The journey, including transfers, takes approximately 15h 51m.
More details Is there a direct train between Texas and Alabama? No, there is no direct train from Texas to Alabama. However, there are services departing from Houston and arriving at Birmingham via New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal. The journey, including transfers, takes approximately 17h 45m.
More details What is the distance between Texas and Alabama? The distance between Texas and Alabama is 1199 km. The road distance is 1072.7 km. Get driving directions How do I travel from Texas to Alabama without a car? The best way to get from Texas to Alabama without a car is to bus which takes 15h 51m and costs €90 – €150.
More details How long does it take to get from Texas to Alabama? It takes approximately 3h 41m to get from Texas to Alabama, including transfers. More details Where do I catch the Texas to Alabama bus from? Texas to Alabama bus services, operated by Greyhound USA, depart from Houston Bus Station.
More details Where do I catch the Texas to Alabama train from? Texas to Alabama train services, operated by Amtrak, depart from Houston station. More details Train, bus or fly from Texas to Alabama? The best way to get from Texas to Alabama is to fly which takes 3h 41m and costs €120 – €400. Alternatively, you can bus, which costs €90 – €150 and takes 15h 51m, you could also train, which costs €27 – €270 and takes 17h 45m.